Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Starting Maternity Leave




I have been so ready to stop working because my feet have been swelling pretty badly and being up on them any length of time is uncomfortable. Other than that, and of course not sleeping well most nights, I've been feeling great! I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and was pretty shocked to find out that I'm 4 cm dilated already! I'm 37 weeks plus 1 day and while I was thinking he'll be here before his due date, I wasn't expecting to be that far progressed already. So he told me to take it easy and no more work! He would like for me to stay pregnant for another week, just to make sure the baby is ready. I'm sure whenever he comes he'll be fine, but I wouldn't mind a week at home to finish up a few things, like our taxes! We do finally have Will's room complete and his hammock to sleep in (instead of a bassinet) so we're ready whenever. I guess I can always file an extension for taxes if I don't get them done. And maybe I can get some good sleep before he comes, too!

2 comments:

erinenorman said...

4 cm! That's a good start! He'll be here before you know it.

Bo, Tori, and Brayden said...

He will be here soon! :) I love the room!! :)