Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Very Gibbsy Christmas

On New Year's Eve my side of the family celebrated Christmas. It was an extremely warm day and as a result of the sudden weather change we had some nasty storms and a tornado nearby. Will seemed very anxious as the sirens continually blared. In true Gibbs fashion, many of my family members stayed on the front porch.

The cousins exchanged gifts and the siblings played dirty Santa. It was fun! I think we will make that a yearly event.
All of the boy cousins (l-r Alex, Oliver, Reed and Will)
All six Gibbs (Sharp) grandchildren.
My brother Joseph is the only one who hasn't married yet. This is him and his girlfriend Andrea. We think she's a keeper and hope they make it official soon!
Some interesting things took place. Here, Andrea is combing Joseph's beard with a teeny comb that was in a party popper.
My dad tried to eat Reed's fingers!

But he needn't eat the baby. There was tons of food! We opted to have hor devours instead of a traditional meal and everything was so good! We had twice baked potatoes, sausage and cream cheese crescent squares, fruit with caramel toffee dip, a delicious cheeseball, bacon wrapped sausages, veggies and dip, and no bake chocolate cookies (I forget the name Emily had for them - cow patties?).




It was such a nice evening with my family. We don't get together often enough!

No comments: