Thursday, October 9, 2008

6 months ago tonight...

... I was in the hospital getting ready to meet my little guy! I went in because my blood pressure had gone up and I was feeling very hot and flushed. My blood pressure came down and my labwork was fine but I was already 5 cm dilated and was contracting, though not regularly. My Dr. decided to keep me and induce me the next morning. What a fun night that was! It was the last night that Brad and I had just the 2 of us. He zonked out on the sofa while I was up every hour peeing because of the IV fluids, and well, lets face it, I was 9 months pregnant. I would get up, unhook the fetal monitors, unplug the IV pump and waddle my way to the bathroom, trying to avoid waking my husband up. Why I was so concerned about him getting some good rest, I'm not quite sure! Will was less than thrilled about having the monitors strapped to my belly since he was constantly moving, seemingly trying to escape them. It was such and exciting night and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. Above is the only picture we have before I started having the very painful pitocin-induced contractions. I don't think I smiled again until I got the epidural, just about 2 hours before he was born.

On a sad note, I found out tonight that the nurse who took care of me that night was killed in a car accident on Tuesday. Her name was Ryan and she was very kind and gentle. She was only 29 and left behind a husband and 2 daughters. Please keep her family in your prayers.

No comments: