Tuesday, July 1, 2008

O is for Oreos



I never been much of a snacker. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE to eat, but I more of a full meal person, meat and potatoes and bread. I can leave a bag of candy alone for weeks, months even. Brad finally finished off my Easter bunny in May even though I'd demolished his ears. Even when I was pregnant my appetite wasn't that big and I was happy just eating a meal and being done (most likely since I had a baby's booty against my stomach). But since Will was born I am hungry all the time! I guess its because I'm nursing him and I need the extra calories. I wasn't really prepared for how much I'd want to eat! And now I feel like all I do is snack since its hard to make a meal 3 times a day. Quick grab stuff is baby-friendly. Oreos have become my fix. I love Oreos. I've always liked them but I think I've bought a pack almost every week for the past 6 weeks (I do have help eating them). I'm really trying to quit the habit but its hard! And I think its especailly nice of Nabisco to start packaging them in a resealable container because we used to have to put them in a big ziploc bag after you opened them. Now its so easy to grab a few and satisfy that craving then seal it back. Its a blessing and a curse.

2 comments:

Jason and Leigha said...

Oreos are the best even if you are not nursing. :)

Unknown said...

I had no idea that you had had a baby. Congratualtions (late). Children are so wonderful!!! I hope you are doing well. Please keep in touch!