Thursday, May 8, 2008

We Need Your Prayers!

We went to the doctor today because Will has had a few episodes where he's holding his breath and turns blue. I didn't think much of it at first because the first 2 times we were under flourescent lighting and I thought that was the reason. He would start breathing normally again so it didn't have me too worried but I called his pediatrician anyway. The dr. thinks its reflux and its blocking his airway momentarily, but he wants to rule out any heart problems. We have to leave in a little while and be admitted to the children's hospital to have some tests run. We should be discharged tomorrow morning. Luckily, Brad had already taken today and tomorrow off, so at least we'll all be together! My gut tells me everything is fine but I'd appreciate your prayers anyway. Its scary to think our baby could have heart problems, so pray that all the tests reveal that its fine.

3 comments:

Bo, Tori, and Brayden said...

oh sarah! I know that's scary! we'll be praying for little will!

Becky Lott said...

Sarah, I'll be praying for ya'll and little Will. Just to share my experience Asher had bad reflux, some trachea malasia, and dysphagia. When he was real little like Will he did some funny stuff. His swallowing problem was bad enough that he was on nectar thickened liquids until about 2 months ago, but we mangaged. It was really no big deal after they labeled it. He was on Prevacid (after trying many medications) until about 9 mos I guess. He'll be fine! Hang in there!

erinenorman said...

Yes, Hang in there, I know its scary. Just know that there are people that love you and are praying for you. Be strong and give Will EXTRA kisses through this time in the hospital. :)