Friday, May 9, 2008

We're Home!

We got home this evening and are all doing well. The echocardiogram revealed Will has a couple of minor heart defects. He has an atrial septal defect which is pretty common in newborns and often closes on its own by about 18 months old. He also has a smaller than normal pulmonary artery (it takes the blood from the heart to the lungs to be oxygenated). We did not talk to the cardiologist, so we don't know much about the prognosis for that. The cardiologist just interpreted the echo and the resident pediatrician let us know what he said. We won't see the cardiologist until November which is very frustrating to Brad but for me is a good sign. I figure if it was something serious and that needed quick intervention they wouldn't make us wait 6 months to see the expert. We will go back to our pediatrician on Monday and I plan to ask him more questions then. They are going to treat him for reflux as well so he will be on Zantac in the meantime. Thank you for all of your prayers and concern!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm SO glad you are home and Will is well. Russ and I will continue to pray that his little heart is fine. I have enjoyed checking in on you through your blog. You inspired me to start my own: russandmegan.blogspot.com

We're coming soon! We have to get you his gift before he outgrows it! Ha!

Love, MEgan