Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sweet Babe O Mine

Dear sweet, tiny babe of mine:


I can't believe you have been growing 18 weeks already! We are nearly half-way there! My belly is steadily rounding, but other than that, I can barely tell you are with me. I feel great most days, and I would like to thank you for that. I can't imagine being sick and trying to keep up with your brother. He is quite a handful these days! And quite cute, too. He can say 'baby' and will sometimes make the sign for it or pat my belly. I don't know how he will react once you are here, but I hope he is nice and affectionate to you.


I am starting to feel you move around a little bit, and that is pretty neat! I have my own doppler so that when Daddy and I want to hear your heartbeat, when can (although you like to hide from it). You have affected my tastebuds for sure. I went through a gummy bear phase in April but lately I don't really care for sweets (except for Nana's strawberry pie - you will love it, trust me!). I never thought I would turn down chocolate or donuts, or chocolate covered donuts for that matter, but I have! Most recently I want anything spicy. I wanted a chili cheese hotdog so badly at 6:30am the other day that I think I would have stolen one! I am trying to enjoy as many spicy things as I can before the heartburn starts in the coming weeks.


We have an appointment for a sonogram on Monday and we are so excited to see you! I am thinking we are going to leave your gender a suprise for the day we meet you, but Daddy doesn't think I can hold out that long. Most of my friends, family and coworkers are big advocates of us finding out on Monday. It will be tempting for sure! If I had to guess, I would say you are a girl, but I will be delighted if you are a boy or a girl. We have some name ideas for you, but haven't settled on anything just yet. I know that by your birthday we will find the perfect name just for you.


Daddy and I love you very much and can't wait to meet you sometime this November or December (I'm thinking you'll be here around in mid November). In the meantime I am looking forward to all the kicks and flips and hiccups. Keep growing strong and healthy!


Love,


Mommy

3 comments:

Sally and Wayne said...

Sarah, I just love your posts... I am so glad that you are such a happy mommy!

Erin said...

So sweet Sarah! This baby will grow up with a great mommy.

The Burgess family said...

Awww, that was so sweet!