Friday, June 27, 2008

M is for Monkey Bread

(I forgot to take a picture yesterday so I got this off a recipe website)
I made some Monkey Bread yesterday and it was sooooo yummy. I'll admit its not very nutritious so it shouldn't be eaten with regularity but my goodness it was good! My mom used to make this for us.
Monkey Bread
3 cans biscuits (the cheap kind are best)
3/4 cup sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans (chopped, halves or pieces)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350. Mix first set cinnamon and sugar in bowl or bag. Cut biscuits into 1/4s (pizza cutter works great) and put in bowl or bag then coat well with mixture. Grease bundt, bread or 9inch cake pan with nonstick spray then place pecans on bottom. Place coated biscuits on top of pecans. Mix melted butter with 2nd set of sugar and cinnamon, then pour over biscuits. Bake about 35 minutes. Turn over onto large plate or platter to let gooey goodness run to bottom. Serve immediately.

No comments: