Monday, November 16, 2009

1 Month Old

Guess who is 1 month old today! Crazy, huh? We have been home almost 2 weeks and it has FLOWN by. We are getting into a semi routine around here. Well, actually, Reed is already in a routine! We just need to catch up to his organization!

He is such a good baby. He sleeps most of the day and night. If he's awake, he just looks around. When he is hungry, he starts to wake and makes little squeaky noises and stretches. If I don't get to him within 5 minutes or so he may let out a little cry. If I make him wait that long then change his diaper, he will cry a few times and may let out a small cry with gas pains. But other than that, he never makes a peep! He takes 1 bottle a day so we can put his multivitamin drops in it. He switches from bottle feeding to nursing very easily. He eats about every 3 hours during the day and occasionally wants to snack more frequently. At night he will do a 4 to 5.5 hour stretch! He is SO easy going.

At 1 month old, he weighs about 7lb (he was 6lb 14oz at our appointment on Thursday). He wears newborn size diapers and preemie and newborn sized clothes. He LOVES to be swaddled and if he doesn't go to sleep after eating, he usually will as soon as you swaddle him. He also loves to be snuggled in your arms or on your chest, which is quite a treat for me!


This will be our monthly picture bunny

Not sure what color his eyes will be. They have lightened a little but are still dark blue. I think Will's were lighter by this age, but I'm not sure if being a preemie delays the color change.

I can tell he's gotten bigger but is still so tiny!

He likes his NUK pacifiers but will also take a MAM.
This is where he spends most of his day (if he is not in my arms). We have this set up between our living room and dining room so I can be with Will but still see Reed. If you have a newborn or are pregnant and in the market for a packnplay, I recommend this one or a similar one with the newborn napper. We didn't buy one for Will because my mom was gracious enough to let us use hers when we needed one. It was the traditional one without a bassinet, so I felt like we needed one for Reed since leaving him on the floor on a blanket while I went in the kitchen wouldn't be an option with Will in the house. The newborn napper is wonderful. It is the perfect size for him and keeps him snuggled, plus it has the canopy to shade his eyes. This packnplay also has the changing station which we use for probably 75% of the diaper changes. It has a light/vibration/music station on it, too. We are VERY pleased. The directions can be a little tricky to follow, though, so I would read them all before starting assembly.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm just a bit behind...He does look so tiny :)