Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's a Beautiful Morning!

I love that song (the video is goofy. sorry - best I could find). My friend and freshman year roomate and I would get up and play it all the time while we got dressed (or just stayed in pjs) for class. Those were back in the days of Napster, pre-lawsuits, where music was free. Not that I ever downloaded free music.

Ahem.

Anyway it really is a beautiful morning outside and in. After being exhausted and doing nothing for 5 hours last night except for get up and go to the bathroom and read 3 books to Will and put him to bed since Brad had gone to visit Reed, I got in my bed and slept for about 7 hours straight! Slept straight through my pumping time but that's ok, because I got 3 oz this morning! I woke feeling fairly refreshed, though not as well as I had been. I think I was running on adrenaline and it is all gone now. I called to check on Reed and he was eating and had taken 45 cc at two feeding during the night and had NO apnea! Praise God!!! That means 24 hours apnea free!!
Brad got Will dressed and I gave him breakfast and dropped him off at Poppy's. He cried when I left, so again I felt guilty. I stopped by Dunkin Donuts to get donuts for the wonderful nurses (and maybe some Munchkins and an iced caramel latte for myself, I really couldn't say). When I got to the hospital, I was greeted by this sweet face:
I think most mommy's would agree with me that it is so fun to see your newborn alert because it happens so infrequently during those first couple of weeks. Plus he has been such a sleepy head I was glad he was awake and ready to eat! He ate well and then had a wet and poopy diaper! Most people don't get excited about changing diapers but he has been looking a little yellow to me and not pooping so I am glad things are moving in that department because newborns pooping = lower bilirubin levels and less jaundice. We then got some more good news from Dr. Wender that the only recorded recent apnea doesn't look like true apnea but more like he is dropping his sats at times during feedings which is normal because even full term newborns have to figure out their rhythm of eating and breathing at the same time. Then he told us there was a VERY good chance he will be discharged home at the beginning of next week! And he wrote for him to be moved from the incubator to a crib! So we put some warmer clothes on. But first, I had to take a picture of this sweet fuzzy headed man. Imagine how much hair he would have if he went to term!
Then we put his too-big cap on and Reed drifted off to sleep in his cute duck pants.
Oh and just an added bonus of this beautiful morning. I am 10lb under my pre-pregnancy weight. Not really the easiest diet plan, but whatever works, right?

2 comments:

Becky Lott said...

I'm so glad you guys keep getting good reports. Your weight loss is pretty impressive too! Would you touch me:) You know Asher had dysphagia as a baby. We didn't figure his out until he was 6 weeks old (even with me being a speech pathologist. I know big people), he and had to be on thickend liquids until he was 1. Keep up the posts! He's precious!

Mary said...

Wow congrats on such a rapid weight loss!! And I must say I'm glad for you that those last few months of pregnancy discomfort aren't in the cards for you...not that we believe in cards or anything...